Jun 17, 2010

"Willow trees"

Last year in Poland I refer to one of the days as "the worst day of my life". I was extremely sick with mono, it was freezing, i was beyond exhausted, and we were lost in a foreign city and couldn't find our way back to the hotel. This year in Poland was dedicated to redemption! The first day there was one of those days I will never forget. It was a really simple day, nothing truly spectacular if you were just telling the outline of the day. But it was a beautiful day in the city, led by one of the members of the Poland team, Shelley, who I hadn't seen since she moved there. I was also with some of the most amazing people in my life, Ashley, Chachers, and Patti. We had SO MUCH FUN. We laughed at everything. And I mean EVERYTHING. That's pretty typico of us. We had good heartfelt talks, and silly ridiculous talks, and jokes about *ahem* "willow trees". It's a day that I hold close to my heart, and people I hold even closer.

2 comments:

Patti Clark said...

Oh I just LOVE you. and willow trees. and this memory. so good. so good. I think the only thing missing on here is the video of you and the birds!
:-)

Ashley said...

luuuuuuuuuuuuurve this.
when we were at the zoo yesterday there was particular tree/bush called a "pussy willow" and i thought of you would like that tree/bush.